!!! READ FIRST: COVID-19 POLICY
Dearest Friends and Clients,
We at Painted Lotus have made some big changes around our workplace to better serve our staff and customers during this uncertain time! Please find below the new tattoo procedures and how we are implementing them throughout our workplace so that you may decide for yourself if you will feel safe and comfortable coming in to get work done with us. We will be updating our procedures as new information or health concerns arise, and will be working our butts off to make our space as safe as it’s always been.
By booking an appointment with us, you agree to the following (in addition to our regular rules):
Our current deposit policy is still in place with an added COVID-19 policy. The summary is this page, all points apply and must be followed.
- We request that you do self-checks
- We require you reschedule if you:
- Have symptoms of cold or flu.
- Have been in contact with someone with symptoms.
- Have been outside of BC, travelled within BC (out of our Victoria region), or travelled anywhere by air in the last 14 days.
- Sorry but if you are a visitor from out of BC, if you have been outside of BC, or if you have been on an airplane we cannot have you in the shop for now.
- Sorry but if you have travelled out of the Victoria region we cannot have you in the shop for now. We welcome locals who are keeping local only for now, as per our PHO Dr. Henry’s guidance.
- Are under a PHO order to self-isolate.
- Are not participating in our PHO Dr. Bonnie Henry’s rules and guidelines.
- Please help us keep ourselves, our families, and our other clients safe. If you’ve been attending parties or not following PHO rules, PLEASE reschedule your appointment. We are taking the health and safety of everyone around us very seriously.
- We will allow you to keep your deposit (even within the usual 72 hour timeline) if you have any of these safety concerns.
- Do not book an appointment if you plan to travel between now and then.
- All deposits are still non-refundable.
- Arriving for your appointment:
- We are appointment-only! Come alone.
- Do not bring friends or family as they will not be permitted in the building with you.
- No outside food or drink is permitted in the shop.
- Eat a good meal before coming and bring a water-bottle we can wipe down (or we have disposable plastic cups).
- Masks are MANDATORY at all times in the shop. Bring your own mask.
- Our waiting area has been reduced, so entry to the building will be based on space available!
- You’ll be notified by signage at the door to wait to be admitted.
- Only come to the shop if you have a tattoo or consult appointment booked. All other inquiries will be done through email.
- Once admitted you’ll be subject to similar hygiene practices as the staff, including hand sanitizing/washing, and wiping down of high-touch items (such as your cell phone).
- Clean tote bins for your personal items will be available to you.
- Your artist will assist you in getting settled into your designated safe spaces! So don’t stress too much about the new rules to follow. We are all learning together.
- As usual, please let us know if you have any mobility challenges and we will accommodate you!
- We are appointment-only! Come alone.
- Getting tattooed:
- Masks are MANDATORY at all times in the shop.
- We ask that you bring your own mask.
- We have rearranged our floor space to accommodate the recommended square footage for each procedure area, and have clearly marked them with floor tape.
- Our usual high standard for cleaning has been upped to meet and exceed WorkSafeBC’s suggested guidelines.
- Booking an Appointment:
- Start by looking through our artist online portfolios and deciding who you’d like to book with.
- Each artist has their personal booking instructions on each portfolio page.
- If their books are currently closed, please bookmark their page and check back (also follow them on Instagram)! We will update with contact info as soon as they are taking appointments again.
- Consults will be done virtually as often as possible.
- New bookings will be taken as soon as we are able to, please be patient with us as due to COVID rebooking some artists have a 2-3+ month wait time.
We hope that these procedures help you to feel safe and comfortable in our shared space, and allow us all to continue making tattoos! All of our staff have updated their training and we have worked closely with our Health Inspector to create a detailed workplace guideline.
If you do not feel the need to follow these rules, or if you are uncomfortable with them, please wait until a later Provincial Phase to book your appointment. We welcome your input and questions through email (firstname.lastname@example.org), and encourage you to check back as we update and learn new information.