READ FIRST: REOPENING INFO/ COVID-19 AMENDMENT! :)
Dearest Friends and Clients,
We at Painted Lotus have made some big changes around our workplace to better serve our staff and customers during this uncertain time! Please find below the new tattoo procedures and how we are implementing them throughout our workplace so that you may decide for yourself if you will feel safe and comfortable coming in to get work done with us. We will be updating our procedures as new information or health concerns arise, and will be working our butts off to make our space as safe as it’s always been.
By booking an appointment with us, you agree to the following (in addition to our regular rules):
- Our current deposit policy is still in place with an added COVID-19 policy. The summary is this page, all points apply and must be followed.
- We request that you do self-checks
- We require you reschedule if you:
- Have symptoms of cold or flu.
- Have been in contact with someone with symptoms.
- Have been outside of BC or travelled anywhere by air in the last 14 days.
- Sorry but if you are a visitor from out of BC, or if you have been outside of BC, or if you have been on an airplane we cannot have you in the shop for now.
- Are under a PHO order to self-isolate.
- Are not participating in Dr. Bonny Henry’s social distancing rules and guidelines for social interaction.
- Please help us keep ourselves, our families, and our other clients safe. If you’ve been attending parties or otherwise not following social distancing rules, PLEASE reschedule your appointment. We are taking the health and safety of everyone around us very seriously.
- We will allow you to keep your deposit, even within the usual 72 hour timeline, if you have any of these safety concerns.
- Do not book an appointment if you plan to travel between now and then.
- All deposits are still non-refundable.
- Arriving for your appointment:
- We are appointment-only! Come alone. Do not bring friends or family as they will not be permitted in the building with you.
- No outside food or drink is permitted in the shop. Eat a good meal before coming and bring a water-bottle we can wipe down (or we have disposable plastic cups).
- Bring your own mask. When we cannot socially distance (tattoo process) both client and artist must don a mask.
- Our waiting area has been reduced, so entry to the building will be based on space available!
- You’ll be notified by signage at the door to wait to be admitted. Only come to the shop if you have a tattoo or consult appointment booked. All other inquiries will be done through email.
- Once admitted you’ll be subject to similar hygiene practices as the staff, including hand sanitizing/washing, and wiping down of high-touch items (such as your cell phone).
- Clean tote bins for your personal items will be available to you.
- Your artist will assist you in getting settled into your designated safe spaces! So don’t stress too much about the new rules to follow. We are all learning together.
- As usual, please let us know if you have any mobility challenges and we will accommodate you!
- Getting tattooed:
- When we cannot practice safe social distancing during the actual tattoo procedure, both artist and client will wear masks.
- We ask that you bring your own mask.
- We have rearranged our floor space to accommodate the recommended square footage for each procedure area, and have clearly marked them with floor tape.
- Our usual high standard for cleaning has been upped to meet and exceed WorkSafeBC’s suggested guidelines.
- Booking an Appointment:
- We recommend you start by looking through our artist online portfolios and deciding who you’d like to book with, as well as who’s availability suits your time frame.
- When emailing an artist your request for a tattoo, make sure to include:
- what kind of tattoo you’re wanting
- where you’re wanting to put it
- how large you’d like to be
- a reference photo or two if you have any.
- Consults will be done virtually as often as possible.
- New bookings will be taken as soon as we are able to, please be patient with us as due to COVID rebooking we have a 1.5-3 month wait time.
We hope that these procedures help you to feel safe and comfortable in our shared space, and allow us all to get back to making tattoos! All of our staff have updated their training and we have worked closely with our Health Inspector to create a detailed workplace guideline.
If you do not feel the need to follow these rules, or if you are uncomfortable with them, please wait until a later Provincial Phase to book your appointment. We welcome your input and questions through email (firstname.lastname@example.org), and encourage you to check back as we update and learn new information.